Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Stuff

I love getting new stuff. My wife gets in a tizzy sometimes, and I know being greedy for material things is not the road to happiness. But, damn, I love new stuff.

I just got a new IMac. It is so cool looking, sometimes I just duck my head into my office so I can get a glimpse. The display (screen) is 21.5 inches. That's bigger than any computer screen I've ever had. I get lost in it! And fast! Has the double intel processor and a ton of ram memory; speaking of memory: one terabyte. That's like a million gigabytes!!

The end result is so clean and detailed that there's a 3D effect on some of the applications. If, say, you do a background of red bricks, and put another level on it with some text or something, the text looks like it's floating above the background.

While I was at it, I sprung for a Time machine. All my work gets backed up automatically every 15 minutes, but only if something new was put in.

It's true. I'm bad. I love new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment